Through the Family and Faith program, parents – as the first educators of their children – are invited into a deeper and more intimate relationship with the person of Jesus Christ.
The family educator’s work includes connecting, reconnecting and enhancing:
- the faith life of parents
- families to the faith life of the school
- families to the faith life of the parish.
At St Francis Xavier Catholic Primary School Ashbury we provide:
- Opportunities for Outreach – Some of the initiatives are Night Patrol donations and St Vincent de Paul Christmas Hampers
- Parent Sessions – Parents are asked to come along and meet each other and share their stories, perhaps make a gift for celebrating Sacraments, Lenten program, morning tea, visiting speakers or fundraising for charities
- Playgroup – This program runs weekly to enable siblings of children in our community to participate in story time, craft and morning tea
- Evangelisation – A range of programs which invite students and parents to encounter Jesus are offered by the school and the Sydney Catholic Schools Office.